Thursday, August 18, 2011

Tearing Down Walls

Scott and I have temporary custody of my three little sisters. Jeffrey and Noelle have temporary custody of my two little brothers. At first, it was "panic" mode. Get the kids. Get the kids. Get the kids. Now, it's "get 'er done" mode. Hurry and sign papers, apply, phone calls, DR, dentist, school registration, hand me downs, meal deliveries, little pink bras and new socks. Am I a mother of five? I feel too small, too young in my life to be dealing with all of this. I'm no match for a broken 13 year old. 

A judge has ruled that we'll have these sisters of mine in our care for at least 6 months. If my mother can get her life together within that time, she can have them back. 

I'm angry, but that's another blog post. 

In order to keep these kiddos here, we have to add another bedroom. Scott and I have been talking about modifying our home to better suit our business for over a year. We're moving forward with a remodel...a temporary bedroom...a safe haven....an eventual office and studio. The girls have opened up and shared so much with us in these past few weeks. At times, it's too much for me, but I know it's what they need. 

We're tearing down walls in the McGihon home...lots of them. 


0 comments: