Friday, February 20, 2009

Babysitter....??

Last night Scott and I had family friends over for dinner. Their daughter is interested in babysitting for us occasionally...yes! So I make the house and children as squeaky clean and adorable as possible and Scott cooks a delicious meal. They showed up at 6:30, and the children turned into headless monsters at 6:45. I have no clue what happened! Ava was on the floor crying every five minutes and Aden was screaming at the table at the top of his lungs because Scott wanted to feed him his ice cream, instead of letting him spill it all over the white chairs in the dining room. I just kept looking at her and saying, "I swear they aren't normally like this". Aden went to bed at 8pm and kept coming out of his room to peak at us, so I had to lay him down over and over again. Ava was up until 9:20! This has never happened before. Then she woke up screaming 4 times in the middle of the night. Basically Scott and I just let her fuss herself back to sleep every time...she has been up in the middle of the night for about 4 nights now. What happened to my sleeping angel?! Anyway, I'm not sure if this poor girl will ever babysit for us, she is VERY shy, but at least we're trying :)

1 comments:

Shannon B. said...

Let me know if you want Mandy Hinkle's number, she is excellent and a junior in H.S. very motivated too, so she is a great babysitter and she needs money :-)