Monday, February 23, 2009

Slow Cooker Woes

I was so excited to finally buy a slow cooker on Saturday! I have been wanting one for a while, the idea throwing everything into a pot and letting it cook all day while I leave the house is quite appealing. Anyway, I put a few apples into it, along with walnuts, brown sugar and butter, I just knew that a warm and yummy dessert would be waiting for us this evening! The recipe said to cook it on low for 7-9 hours. After 4 hours, it was applesauce. BLAH. Maybe next time will be the great crock pot experience I was hoping for. If anyone has a trick or tip, let me know...


Scott left last night for his first golf tournament in a few months. The kids and I are holding up well-no major meltdowns (for me as well). Ava did end up in bed with me all last night-she was so snuggly! I'm hoping tonight is my night to sleep with Aden :) Scott will be home tomorrow night...I think we're gonna make it :)

2 comments:

Shannon B. said...

sorry...i have really only cooked dinners, with meat usually. Was the applesauce good? :-)

Hailey said...

try out this blog. http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/

it's awesome! happy crocking!