Thursday, December 17, 2009

First Playdate since the DX

Today a few of us Mommies have a little playdate at Holly's house. This will be the first time Aden will go into a playdate with a diagnosis. I know that all of the mommies love me, and love my babies as well, but I can't help but feel like Aden is going to be watched or judged, just a little bit. I know the girls will want to know about everything that we learned in SD, and how I feel about it. I know that everyone will watch him if he starts to throw a fit, or doesn't speak when spoken to, or repeats. Maybe I'm just being a paranoid and protective Mommy. If people are curious about him, I had better get used to it. We decided not to keep his diagnosis a secret so I should get used to the small amount of attention it might bring. I hope that he will have an interest in talking to his friends, and not just an interest in Tyler's motorcycle :) I just feel so jittery this morning, like I need to prepare him or something. Maybe try to get some eggs into him! LOL I never used to be this way before a playdate. It seems like the initial numbness of that rainy day in San Diego is wearing off, and a sadness is quietly creeping in...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Katie!
I just read this, 2 days later... I'm sorry you felt so jittery about the whole playdate thing - I thnk Aden did great, as he always does, and was like any other 3 yr old boy. I love you and your precious Aden just as much, if not more so, than I always have.

The Letter 'W' said...

i just caught up a bit on your blog and aden's dx. can i just tell you that as a nurse i see so many parents in denial so i applaud you for being proactive and getting him tested and the help he needs!! my prayers are with you for strength and wisdom.
i guess as moms we all need that, too. :)