Sunday, November 9, 2008

Sickie

Last night I had another fabulous event with Morningside...soooooo when I came home Scott told me that Aden wouldn't play in the bath. He just sat there shivering even though the water is always nice and warm. So Scott took both of them out and Aden went to bed about 10 minutes early. I went to check on him at 10:15 when I got home and he was tossing and turning, but settled back down. Ava and I nursed (again) at 4am. Afterwards, I had a feeling my little boy needed me (isn't it ama zing how mommies always "know"?!). I went into his room and felt him head and he was burning up. He woke right up when I touched him and we went into the kitchen to take Tylenol and have some ice cold apple juice. His temp was 101.9 :( He was shaking and so very sad....I stripped off his jammies and we layed on the couch together under the fan to cool off (he was sweating-I was freezing) After a few minutes he looks at me with puffy eyes and says, "Einsteins?!?!?!?!" LOL So we watched THREE Little Einsteines until I couldn't take it anymore and I finally brought him into bed with me, Scott and Ava...good thing we have a Cal King!!! It was definitly family sleepy time. So now it is almost 9am and he is still asleep in our bed. Poor boy...I just really hope that all of this extra rest will help him to feel better so that we can have a nice long weekend with Daddy :) 


AVA thinks she is a big girl and is letting go of things and standing. I get so nervous because she looks so small. She's my little squirt ;) She is finally about to break another tooth (molar). She cut 8 so quickly and then we didn't see another one for months. 

Don't we all love the wind and cooler weather?!?! It is so nice to be able to go outside with my kids :)

OOOOOH I hear my boy...byebye!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh poor Aden! I hope he's feeling better soon so you can all enjoy the 4 day weekend!!

Ava is such a big girl!! I want to see her stand!! Tyler just cut his 8th tooth... he's so much further behind than she is in that department, lol!

Glad to hear Morningside went well last night!! WOOHOO!!