Thursday, October 28, 2010

Twitch...twitch....twitch twitch twitch....

Wednesdays are good. Wednesdays are soul-filling, help you get through the end of the week kind of good. I have Mom2Mom at church, and the housekeeper comes. 2 blessed hours of uninterrupted Mommy bonding, coffee drinking, speaker hearing sweetness, and when we come home, the blessed housekeeper is gone. Clean, organized, oh-how-I-love-you Wednesdays! On this particular Wednesday (yesterday) I opened my exhausted eyes, and felt a little twitch. In the shower, another twitch. All through Mom2Mom my left eye kept twitching. It's been over 24 hours and my eye is consistently twitching. I decided to research this irritation and here are the causes taken from www.EyeCareBasics.com....


  • Fatigue or lack of sleep (check)
  • Over consumption of caffeine (check)
  • Physical or emotional stress (check)
  • Anxiety or phobias (umm bees, anyone?!)
  • Brain damage or other neurological disorders (nope)
  • Associated with temper tantrums (especially in children) (<---------my daughter, anyone?!)
  • Eye stress associated with extended viewing of the computer screen (editing for hours, anyone?!)
  • Epilepsy (nope)

So basically I need to sleep more, drink less coffee, stop stressing about work, get over my fear of ANYTHING that flies, get my daughter to stop throwing hour long fits and stop staring at the computer....

I had better get used to this twitch...

5 comments:

The Letter 'W' said...

i can sympathize with the temper tantrums! trey would throw mind numbing ones when he first came home. then i was blessed with a version of them again when he turned 2. when they are 16 they won't actually be throwing themselves on the floor, right?! :)i hope your twitch gets better!!

Michelle said...

if it makes you feel better, i have a twitch too! i always think people will notice it but if they do, they are kind enough not to mention it!

Katie said...

good to know girls! It's a little better...but still there LOL

Hailey said...

Okay - this cracked me up!! I pray your eye has stopped twitching!!

Katie said...

The twitch seems to be gone today! 8 whole days of it...sheesh! LOL