Friday, April 4, 2008

Ava's noggin

Today Ava saw her peditrician because I noticed that she has been slow to hold her head up. She has good control of it while she is up on my shoulder but she won't lift it even to a 45 degree angle when she is on her tummy, flat on the floor. The DR pretty much told me what we were all thinking, that she was born a little early and will need extra time to "catch up" and reach those milestones. Her head circumfrence and body composition are perfectly normal. Socially she is spot on, laughing, cooing, talking...so we will just be patient and try to give her extra tummy time each day. Oh how I love my lazy, little girl! She is sleeping much better at night, last night we only woke up to nurse two times. Aden is still in his room, sleeping all night like a big boy and I am still wishing he was in our room instead, but that will change eventually (I keep telling myself that). Yesterday Scott and I got gym memberships! I'm so excited and we got a GREAT deal from a friend of a friend so if anyone is interested, please let me know! The woman was so nice and it was a piece of cake. So that's all for now...here is a cute picture of Ava showing off her "head control" on my shoulder from a few days ago! The little thing is trying so hard and doing such a good job :)

0 comments: