Saturday, April 5, 2008

The gym

On this lovely Saturday morning, I dragged my whole family to the gym! This was the first time that Scott and I have used our new memberships. The kids went to the childcare room. Ava sat in her seat smiling and cooing the entire time-what an angel! Aden threw his usual fit when we handed him over but he settled down after a while and played with the helpers and other children. I was done working out before Scott so I decided to join the kids in childcare and play with Aden, just to get him used to it. Of course right when I opened the door I saw him stand up and start screaming because he had remembered that we had "left him" again. Once he saw me he was fine. We snuggled for a minute and then he was right back to playing with the other kids. If only church could be like that! Aden cries at church in the nursery and then won't play with anyone/anything. He will just sit in someones arms, miserable until we come to save him. I know that sooner or later he will get over this whole separation anxiety thing, but for now it is very tough. Anyways, back to the gym...it was great! I loved working out again. I wasn't allowed to exercise through my entire pregnancy with Ava so I haven't really done much since after I had ADEN-it's been awhile! I definitely can't do the things that I used to do but I'll get there. I think that Scott liked it too-even though he pretends he doesn't. Once we get in the swing of things, he will love it! After the gym, we cleaned up and went to Terra Lago and had lunch before Scott had a meeting. Yummy! Ava slept the whole time :) Gotta love that girl! Hopefully we will make it to church this evening-if not then tomorrow morning and maybe Aden will settle down and be happy there-I'm always hopeful. Tomorrow is my "little" brother's 20th birthday-it's so weird. I can't believe he is 20 years old. It makes me feel that much older too! Happy Saturday

1 comments:

Holly said...

Good job Katie!! If only I had the motivation to get to the gym!! It's part of my "get hot" plan but it's not working so hot...