Saturday, July 19, 2008

The End of My Very Long and Patient Rope

Here is how last night went.


8:45pm I went to bed early to catch up on some sleep-house clean-kids asleep
10:45pm Ava up...I get here and bring her to bed w/me. Nurse and back to sleep
11:45pm Aden starts screaming from a night terror (he gets them from time to time)
I walk with him and calm him down...he will not go back in his crib so I bring him to bed 
with me and he lays quietly.
3:30am ADEN IS STILL WIDE AWAKE and Ava wakes up again to nurse. He smacks her head
and starts bouncing up and down. I promptly yank him out of bed and put him back in his crib. He promptly begins screaming. I nurse Ava back to sleep and lay in the dark listening to him scream and sob hysterically.
4:15am Aden finally cries himself to sleep...I want to cry now because I feel so bad but I try to sleep instead
4:30am My neighbors decided this is the perfect time for a swim party. Unbelievable.
5am I finally get used to the swim party and drift off...BEEP! What was that loud beep?!
I get up and check the phone, alarm, smoke detectors and can't find anything wrong.
Go to sleep
7:15am Ava and Aden are awake...good morning mommy!

Of course Scott is out of town, golfing. Let me assure all of  you that when he gets back I will be taking the longest nap of my life. The coffee is ready-and I need it. I'm losing my mind.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Awww Katie. I'm sorry! I'm coming over this afternoon but if you want to nap instead of take pictures I'll watch your babies for you - seriously!
xoxo

Kristen said...

That used to happen so often I thought the twins were teaming up against me. I used to sob to Brad saying "Why do they hate me?" I hope you can get a nap in.

Hailey said...

You poor momma! All alone and sleep deprived! Hopefully Scott will be home soon and you'll get that nap you sounds like you'll NEED by then!

The Plonski Family said...

girl, sounds like you need a break! I am home during the days, so if you want to drop off the kids, I'll gladly take them off your hands for a few hours :)