Thursday, July 3, 2008

Ewwww

Tonight I made chicken and fresh spinach fettuccine with alfredo sauce from scratch (the best you'll ever have!) Aden sat down with his little plate, promptly yelled "EEEWWWW!!" and started throwing his chicken and pasta on the floor for the dogs to enjoy. Oh well. Scott and I enjoyed it very much, and the dogs appreciated it as well. LOL Aden is talking a lot lately. He has been so stubborn about not calling my mom anything. She tries so hard to get him to say "grandma, Nana, Nanie Nawnie..." basically ANYTHING that is just her name. She doesn't care what it is-just SOMETHING! So today he finally gave in and yelled "Nah Nah!" Needless to say she is over the moon about this and we have all been instructed to call her that, because Aden has named her-FINALLY! He is also saying, "what is that? where'd it go?" He just sort of walks around the house saying random things. The new thing is to say "Ewwww" and "icky" about everything-even if it isn't icky (Like my dinner). He is definitely coming up on those terrible two's. We are seeing alot of fits and tantrums, but usually it's because we just can't figure out what he wants or needs. He is also starting to hit. Just me usually. He gets frustrated and hits at my face so we are definitely working on that one! He can be so fiesty but he gives me the sweetest hugs and kisses and still needs me to rock and snuggle him every day. My heart is aching as I watch him grow up-I just want him to be my baby boy forever I guess :)

Avers is scooting around more now. I put her on her blanket and a few minutes later she is 3 feet away from it. She's also starting to draw her knees up underneath her belly but she still can't get up on all fours yet-whew! She's a quick one.

Poor Scott has been taking it easy, keeping his little, broken toe up and on ice. It's feeling much better-he's doing a good job of taking care of it. I'd like to say that I am the one taking care of it but all I can do is keep the kids away so that no one jumps on it-OUCH!

0 comments: