Sunday, July 27, 2008

She's a Superstar!

Today, Ava, my mom and I headed to Los Angeles for Ava's first job! I was a little apprehensive when my agent wanted to book her-she is my baby after all and why on earth would I want other people looking at her and filming her?! Well, the pay was really good...and she only had to "work" for two hours. It was a shoot for a skin care infomercial. It was shot at this AMAZING private residence in LA. We got there 5 minutes early and Ava was ready to work! Well....production wasn't quite ready to work so we hung out with the wardrobe lady for awhile and had some playtime...


So the entire crew and everyone on set was REALLY quiet. I couldn't figure out why they were all being so calm and almost wispering...then the producer told me that they were keeping the entire house calm for Ava! I was like, "Oh she is just fine". She was happy as a clam. They had me dress her in only her diaper and then came in and said, "Ready for the beautiful baby" ....


So off we went through the house to the big living room where the shot was set up. It was just a HUGE white platform and tons of light-everywhere lights-and a massive TV camera and big monitor to watch the feed on...it was so much fun to watch my baby girl on a TV! HAHA Anyway I though she would get nervous when I layed her on the platform but we gave her the rattle she loves and she just played and played. I played peek-a-boo with her behind the camera so that they could get some great laughing shots...then we took a break and had more playtime!
They bought in the mommy model and had her sit with Ava and play/cuddle her on the platform and just filmed them interacting for awhile. Ava was sooooo nice and friendly to her pretend mommy-I was so proud!
 

Then we left after two hours of being there (only about 30 minutes of actual camera time) and us girls went to lunch and to Barnes and Noble to buy books. I got 2 GREAT books-one about my specific camera and an advanced operations manual for my editing program-475 pages-yikes! All in all it was a great day-but we did hit a bird on the way up there-God bless his squashed bird soul!!!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad Ava did so well!! SHE'S FAMOUS! lol! I want to see her stardom when her infomercial comes out! Can't wait to hear all about it! xoxo!